LARGERAIL aims to produce complex airducts for rail vehicles by additive manufacturing. This needs to be done with certified materials and processes.
The aim of the experiment is to
- Validate the additive technology is mature enough
- Develop design guidelines to produce printable parts
- Validate the mechanical stress in FFF parts
- Validate the need of post processing
- Determine total cost involved in process
Optimus 3D is a consulting company from Spain with a track record in designing parts for a variety of applications. Their idea is to produce air ducts for rail trains from certified metal materials.