NAMAC aims at new hydraulic hand tools with additively manufactured effectors for use cases with special functionality and reliability needs.
The challenge is to reduce weight and improve life cycle of two components:
- Crimping head of hydraulic tool Model ACB-13C
- Fork component of hydraulic tool Model ACB-6C
The aim of the experiment is to
- Acquire knowledge based on the metal additive manufacturing technology
- Design, optimize and manufacture to reduce of the overall tool weight
- Validate of the new concept in terms of performance, usability, and life cycle