PROSAD3D aims at individual prothesis adapters with maximim performance at minimum weight and ideal comfort with custom design at the same time.
The challenge is to additively manufacture an:
- Ultralight Stiff as nominal design
- Strong prosthesis adapter
The aim of the experiment is to develop, validate and test the topology optimized design. To achive this, the team looks at a number of steps to go.
- Design & topology optimization
- Review of success criteria strength & stiffness
- Manufacturing metal and reinforced polymer printing
- Surface finishing & heat treatments
- Quality assurance
- Certification testing
- Relevant environment
- Final Report & Road Map
Space Structures is a German company that aims to provide 3D printed products in challenging areas of industry. The company combines knowledge in aerospace and construction but strives for an extension to new sectors for additively manufactured products.