The aim of APDREAM experiment is to redesign the functional prototypes of the therapeutic device and its delivery tool, manufacture them using AM and subsequently test them on realistic preclinical model with assistance of an experienced cardiac surgeon. The expected result is to develop the prototype applicable for future use in acute animal trials.
- Selection of AM material and printing technology with adequate mechanical properties and manufacturing accuracy for reliable prototypal device realization with required dimensions and tolerances.
- The device must fit into complex anatomical space.
- Implementation of mechanisms into the design of the device to realize its intended function.
- User-friendly product allowing to perform a complex procedure with intuitive handling.
- Feasibility of final product manufacturing with AM and its regulatory aspects.